Dr. Sammy Al-BennaConsultant Plastic Surgeon
- BMedSci (Hons) - University of Edinburgh
- MBChB - University of Edinburgh
- PhD - University of Glasgow
- Postgraduate Certificate in Nanotechnology - University of Oxford
- MRCS - Royal College of Surgeons of England
- AFRCS - Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- FAPÄC - Ärztekammer Westfalen-Lippe, Germany
- Plastic Surgery - BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Bochum
- Specialist for Plastic and Aesthetic SurgeryÄrztekammer Westfalen-Lippe, Germany
- Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery - General Medical Council, UK
- Arabic and English
- Hand and wrist: Trauma; Fractures; Pain; Tendonitis; Trigger finger; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Osteoarthritis; Carpal instability; Scaphoid fractures; Avascular necrosis of the hand
- Nerve Injury and Compression: Traumatic nerve injuries affecting fingers / hand /arm; Nerve compression affecting the major nerves of the forearm (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome and other nerve compression syndromes); Brachial plexus injuries; Facial nerve injury and paralysis; Lower extremity nerve injury (trauma; nerve compression (e.g. foot drop, peroneal nerve entrapment, tarsal tunnel syndrome); Painful nerve injuries; Neuropathic pain; Migraine headaches
- Skin and soft tissue: lesions; pigmented lesions; vascular birthmarks; cysts; lipomas; skin infections; nail infections; skin cancer; soft tissue sarcoma; lymphedema; hidradenitis; hyperhidrosis; scars (post-surgical, hypertrophic and keloid); burns; problem wound management
- Pediatric: Secondary cleft lip surgery; Craniofacial anomalies; Burns; Congenital hand (e.g. extra fingers) and upper extremity anomalies; Extremity trauma and oncologic defects; Prominent ears; Giant congenital nevi; Vascular anomalies (e.g. hemangiomas)
- Aesthetic/Cosmetic surgery
- Face: Facelift; Neck Lift; Eyelid Surgery; Brow Lift; Dimpleplasty; Cheek Augmentation; Chin Augmentation; Ear Surgery
- Nose: Rhinoplasty; Revision Rhinoplasty
- Breast: Breast Augmentation; Breast Lift; Breast Reduction; Breast reconstruction post cancer; Gynecomastia
- Trunk: Tummy Tuck; Back Lift; Liposuction; Vulva
- Extremities: Arm Lift; Buttock Lift; Thigh Lift
- Nonsurgical: Chemical Peel; Laser Skin Resurfacing; BOTOX®; Juvederm; Voluma; Radiesse®
- Body contouring after massive weight loss
- Reconstructive surgery
- Complications of plastic surgery
- 20 years
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- General Medical Council (United Kingdom)
- Health Authority Abu Dhabi
Dr Sammy Al Benna is a UK Board Certified plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon with a special interest in hand and wrist surgeries, plastic & cosmetic surgeries, aesthetic surgeries, peripheral nerve surgeries and complications of plastic surgery. He has over 17 years of experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery. He was last associated with Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi as Consultant Plastic Surgeon and had performed numerous surgeries and managed trauma cases.
He graduated in 1997 from University of Edinburgh and later completed Surgical Sciences (MRCS) from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. The same year he was awarded AFRCS from Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
Dr. Sammy completed a prestigious postdoctoral research at University of Glasgow in 2007 and Postgraduate Certificate in Nanotechnology in 2010 from University of Oxford. He then moved to Ärztekammer Westfalen-Lippe, Germany to complete his Specialist degree for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery in 2011 and then entered into General Medical Council, United Kingdom in 2012.
An avid educator enjoys teaching and supervising scientists, medical undergraduates, junior doctors and nursing staff in didactic, group tutorial and one-to-one bases. He has had formal teaching positions which include: Course Director at Institute of Surgery and Innovation, Clinical Attachment Supervisor at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City – Abu Dhabi, Senior Scientific Member of Laboratory for Molecular Oncology and Wound Healing at Ruhr University Bochum amongst many others.
During his exceptional career in plastic and reconstructive surgery, Dr Sammy has performed numerous plastic surgeries and aesthetic surgeries in his training. He has published comprehensively within the Plastic Surgery Literature throughout his career and has presented his work internationally at plastic surgery conferences. He is renowned for his research work on various subjects and has been cited in over 1571 studies since 2011.
Dr. Sammy speaks Arabic and English
- Click here to request an appointment
Nadia Medical Centre LLCAl Salaam Street Abu Dhabi, UAE
/ +971 2 642 8471