The urologists at Nadia Medical Center are highly qualified and experienced in providing medical and surgical treatment for diseases of the genitourinary tract in men, women, and children.
Conditions that will benefit from urological assessment include:
- Urinary Incontinence: Depending on the cause and severity, you may receive behavioral, medical, or surgical treatment for your condition.
- Frequent Infections of the Urinary Tract: Frequent urinary tract infections in women may indicate poor voiding habits, anatomic abnormality, kidney stones, or deeply embedded bacteria in the urinary tract. In men, there could be an added cause of prostate gland infection.
- Male Infertility: Most cases of male infertility can be cured by a urologist successfully. Assisted fertility techniques may also be employed to help with conception.
- Erectile dysfunction: All forms of erectile dysfunction affecting both young and old men are treated by urologists.
- Blood in the Urine (Hematuria): If you notice blood in your urine even once or presence of microscopic blood is detected when testing your urine, you must see the urologist. The possible causes include urinary tract infection, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer or other diseases of the kidney.
- Urinary Tract Stones: A urologist will be able to determine if a painful stone will pass out of the body or if it must be surgically removed.
- Elevated PSA Level: Elevation in PSA levels is the first indicator of possible prostate cancer. A urologist would be the best person to determine a further course of action.
- Abnormal Prostate Exam: A digital rectal exam performed by a urologist will detect possible abnormalities of the prostate such as unusual firmness, nodule formation, or enlargement which may require further evaluation.
- Kidney Mass: Masses detected on imaging studies must promptly be evaluated by a urologist as early treatment of kidney tumors can greatly improve the chances of completely curing the disease.
- Testicular Cancer: It is a very common solid cancer found in young men and can be completely cured if treated early.
- Pediatric Conditions: Children may have birth defects that can cause urological problems as well as kidney and urinary tract conditions that may benefit from urological assessment and treatment.